Teacher Training & School Policy Development
Would every teacher in your school know what to do if a student reported abuse?
Would you know what to do if an adult interacted with a student in a way that was concerning or possibly inappropriate?
How do your abuse-related policies and practices reflect the unique values and culture of your school?
IMPACT programs for teachers and administrators give you the tools to initiate challenging conversations about potential abuse. Our team can also help you develop abuse prevention policies and practices that reflect your school’s values and culture.
Teacher Training and Policy Development Topics
- Understanding the research on abuse of children and teens
- Evaluating interactions between adults and young people: what is safe and healthy?
- Engaging in challenging conversations
- Managing adrenaline and stress response in challenging conversations
- Healthy boundaries: maintaining boundaries that reflect the school’s values
- Creating policies for abuse prevention and response