People With Disabilities
Empowering People with Disabilities & Communities to Prevent Abuse
IMPACT is part of Triangle, an organization that empowers people with disabilities to find employment and pursue their goals. As an abuse prevention program embedded in a disability service agency, IMPACT is committed to creating safe and healthy communities for people of all abilities.
IMPACT:Ability is a comprehensive, organization-wide approach to abuse prevention. It combines changes in official policies with efforts to create an organizational culture that challenges abuse and bullying while supporting self-advocacy, choice, and healthy sexuality.
- Official policies that protect people who report suspected abuse, provide clear direction for how to respond to abuse reports, and clearly define safe and healthy interactions.
- Staff Training that helps teachers and service providers understand abuse, challenge potentially abusive behaviors, support the sexuality of people with disabilities, and provide personal care in a way that respects people’s bodies.
- Abuse Prevention Leadership Teams that support an organizational culture that prevents abuse.
- Self-Defense & Self-Advocacy Education for people with disabilities so they can be central to their own safety.
Our trainers are also available for stand-alone self-defense classes for people with disabilities or abuse prevention & response trainings for disability service providers and teachers.
Evaluation Research: The Effectiveness of IMPACT:Ability
- Journal of School Health Research Study
- IMPACT:Ability Organization Evaluation Report
- Focus Group Report
For more information call Meagan Anderson at (781) 388-4338 or email us at email@example.com