Policy Development & Consultation
The IMPACT:Ability team collaborates with leaders of disability service organizations, state agencies, and disability-specific schools to develop abuse prevention and response policies. The IMPACT team works to create policies that reflect each organization’s unique values and culture. We strive to create policies that support self-advocacy and choice while creating safe environments for people with disabilities.
- Developing an Abuse Reporting Protocol
- Creating Whistle Blower Protections to Encourage Employees to Report Suspected Abuse
- Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Responsibilities
- Abuse Perpetrated by Program Participants
- Developing an Abuse Prevention Leadership Team
- Safe & Appropriate Touch